|Posted by joshuamiltonanderson on June 22, 2014 at 8:40 PM|
According to Brandy, my wife, I don't blog enough. So, I thought I would take a quick moment to do so. As expected, June has been fairly quiet in a chess sence, but Juy and August look lively.
1) Tri-Bridges is doing well in the Mastermind League (see Links and Tri - Bridges CC tabs for more information.)
2) The FM Dov Gorman seminars are planned for Bryn Mawr on July 13 and July 20. If you are between 1100 and 1800 and are interested in attending, please let me know. You can attend one seminar without attending the other and it is $60 for the day (bring your own lunch.) One seminar will focus on strategic planning and the other will be about endgames.
2) Dov's club is running the 2nd Annual Fourth of July Open. $15k in projected prizes and you can see all the information at the bottom of the blog entry.
3) The Holly Heisman Memorial has quite a list of prizes and we are getting some strong players signed up. You can find full information by clicking on the HHM Info tab.
4) The contracts were signed for the Triple Crown event (3 state titles in 2 days!!) I am not sure if the flyers went out correctly for that event (we are testing some contact procedures for the PSCF), so please feel free to let me know if you have or have not recieved information on the event.
5) My camps in Downingtown and Methacton are still on schedule. The Methacton ones are generally pretty strong and are real good for everyone, but especially tournament players with some experience. The ones in Downingtown tend to have newer players and should be particularly good for those who haven't yet tried out tournament or who have maybe just been to 1 or 2 tournaments. You can sign up for those at https://shiningknightschess.com/camps/summer-chess-camps.html . Remember, not only do you get a week of classes, but you get a chess set and a new t-shirt! This year's pattern is pretty cool.
6) I am excited to be going to the White Collection on Tuesday and will try to make a blog report of the experience when I get back.
The information on FM Dov Gorman's Fourth of July Open is here:
Fourth of July Open
Leon Shulman Cup
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
July 5-6, 2014
$15,000 projected prizes, $7,500 minimum guaranteed!
5 rounds, G90, d5, Wyndham Hotel 1111 New Jersey 73, Mt Laurel, NJ 08054 (856) 234-7000, Free parking.
Prizes $15,000based on 150 paid entries $7,500 (50% each prize) minimum guaranteed. Trophies Plus Grand Prix Points: 40 (enhanced).
In 5 sections:
Open Section: $1500-700-400-300, clear or tiebreak winner $100 bonus, top Under 2300/Unr $800-400.
Under 2100 Section: $1000-500-300-200, top Under 1900 $600-300.
Under 1800 Section: $1000-500-300-200, top Under 1600 $500-250.
Under 1500 Section: $900-500-300-200, top Under 1300 $500-250.
Under 1200 Section: $800-500-300-160, trophies to 1st, top Under 1000, Under 800, Under 600, Unrated.
Unrated may not win over $150 in U1200, $300 in U1500, or $500 in U1800.
entry fee: Online $90 by 6/4 all $99 by 6/25, $110 at site. GMs, IMs free; $100 deducted from prize.
Under 1200 Section entry fee: all $20 less than above.
schedule:Reg ends Saturday 9:45 am, rds. Sat 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 6:00, Sun 10:00 am & 2:00 pm.
All: Half point byes OK all, limit 2, must commit before rd 2.
Hotel rates: $109 – “Chess Rate”, (856) 234-7000; reserve by 6/5 or rate may increase.
Bring set, board, clock if possible- none supplied.
Ratings: June official USCF rating list used. Unofficial uschess.org ratings usually used if otherwise unrated.
Contact: email@example.com (703) 989-6867